Workshops finance and accounting concepts for non-financial professionals
Accountancy is not only for accountants. Currently, everyone can improve their financial concepts and should know how to manage financial basics without complexity.
The seminars are designed to help participants obtain answers to questions relating to business:
- What do these accounts mean?
- How are these accounts linked together?
- What indicators do I need to pay attention to?
- What are the key ratios?
- How to read a simple financial report?
Duration: 2 days
Réf. : AFNF17
- To learn about key accounting and finance terms
- To know and understand accounting and financial information
- To learn and read financial statements of a company
- To analyze a balance sheet and a profit and loss account (income statement)
- To understand the flow of money with Treasury, Working Capital and Working capital requirement
- To understand the importance and use of key financial ratios
Type of workshop
- For companies, small groups or tailor-made workshops
Dates for the sessions in October and early November
- 25 & 26/10/2017
- 09 & 10/11/2017
Customized training: schedules and venue to be defined
Please contact us for the next workshops for November and December.
Lunch and refreshments are included.
The workshops are held from 9: 00 to 12:00 and from 13:30 to 17:30.
Participants are welcomed from 8:45.
- What is the purpose of accounting?
- Financial concepts and terminologies
- Accounting cycle
- Introduction of a balance sheet and its structure
- Which are the information that is located on the assets and on the liabilities in the balance sheet
- Understand the assets of a company
Practical exercise: analysis of the Balance Sheet
Profit and loss account
- What is it the income statement?
- The structure of the income statement
- The ‘bottom line’
To analyze the performance of the company starting from the income statement
- Key financial perfomances
- Which information to retain?
Practical exercise: financial analysis on the performance of the company.
To analyse the financial capital investement for the company
- The needs and long-term resources: the Working Capital (WC)
- The needs and financial resources in the short term: working capital requirement (WCR)
- Analysis of Cash-Flow
Practical exercise: reading and understanding of the balance sheet from the WCR and WC.
The key ratios
- Analysis of the performance of a company starting from traditional ratios, such as profitability, debt management and operating ratios
- Other ratios
The ‘break-even’ point
Practical exercise: calculation of ratios and the break-even point.